Thursday, December 4, 2008

"The Last Unicorn" by Peter S. Beagle

You've checked the video out of the library, but have you ever read the book? I'll let "The Last Unicorn" speak for itself.

-"We are not always as we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."

-"Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or half their greatness goes unnoticed."

-"The prince is very brave, to love a unicorn. A cat can appreciate valiant absurdity."

A beautiful book about the the brilliant frailty of humanity, and what happens when mortal and immortal collide. My copy has fallen apart and been patched together with packaging tape. Yours will, too.

-"He thought, or said, or sang, 'I did not know that I was so empty, to be so full.'"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, my favoritest book (and movie) ever.

Jenny Rae Armstrong said...

And one of my favoritest songs, too!:-)